Panndyra's Posts

Come to this site to check out what I'm up to as a fledgling paranormal romance writer and a woman living with chronic illness who's trying to go raw!

Monday, October 25, 2004

We're 2-0!!!! Can you believe that?

WOW! We are 2-0 despite a mess of errors, made by Manny Ramirez (game 1, 2 in a row) and Bill Mueller (at least 3 last night by himself--ugh!). Curt Schilling gave another great performance last night. The man is made of iron or something. He's got heart. That's all I can say.

The Sox should not have won both games with some sloppy play. However, they are going for it. They are extending the boundaries and coming up with the hitting. Cabrera and Bellhorn are especially good right now. They're giving Papi (David Ortiz) some of the help he needs. Even Damon's out of his slump. Ramirez, where are you? I haven't seen your hitting and your fielding has been sub-par. Are you nervous? I would be, but that's beside the point.


I am having trouble believing that they will win. I feel like I'm in a dream world. I know the Cardinals will rally a bit. I know that the next 3 games in St. Louis will change the tide somewhat. I am a realist. Years of studying the Sox and history will do that to a gal.

In history, we see that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. It's a sad fact but true. I guess I'm a skeptic. I can thank Catholicism and the Archdiocese of Boston for that. Kind of ironic, huh?

I guess however if:

Ben Affleck can find love with a new "Jen

and the reporters on scene at the game last night can virtually ignore Tom Hanks in favor of Jimmy Fallon (who wears "geek chic" to a Red Sox game!), then ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

Last night, I noticed the best Halloween costume (a major Sox pimp daddy with red hat, jacket and fake leopard fur collar...OMG). I can't wait for Halloween, but that's another story for another post.

Can't wait 'til Tuesday. This is the best "Reality TV" on TV right now. You can't script a better showdown than this.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home