Panndyra's Posts

Come to this site to check out what I'm up to as a fledgling paranormal romance writer and a woman living with chronic illness who's trying to go raw!

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Another Win & We're History

We won again last night. It was a 9-inning game, but it still lasted over 4 hours. Here's the scoop at MLB.com.

I will say that Curt Schilling is my new hero. He took a page out of The Natural or something. You could see the blood his ankle. He admitted he was in pain from the 4th inning on, but that didn't stop him from keeping the Yankees at Bay. Arroyo and Foulke came out to finish up the night for him.

There was a lot of drama due to some wonderful umpiring. I know the calls are controversial and I don't applaud them just because they ended up being in Boston's favor. The reversals were correct. See this article
for the scoop from the mouths of the umps themselves.

I don't know if the Sox can pull it out tonight and well, I'm not sure I want to see police in full riot gear on a major league field again, but there will be drama, there will be passion and a lot of heated confrontations tonight.

I just hope I can get to bed early this time.

Go Sox, but if you don't win, know this --- you made history and well, the fans of Boston appreciate it.

I don't believe in a 'Curse'. It makes good TV and good PR, but I believe in the Sox moreso now than I did a few days ago.

And for that, I thank Ortiz, Bellhorn (great homer and wonderful job last night), Schilling, Arroyo, Martinez, Damon (even if you aren't hitting your best, your fielding has been superb), Millar, Varitek, Ramirez and more.

Francona, you obviously care about your team. Thank you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home